Sunday, May 17, 2009

Kobe's Documentary & Game 7s Predictions


Kobe Bryant - You Fail.

Did anyone else see that Kobe piece (of garbage) that aired on ESPN last night? - No, not the whole thing, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. You know when something's is so bad that you have to make fun of it to get through? Yeah that's what me and my boy Chad were doing like midway through the documentary. "What a great leader!!!" Chad exclaimed with sarcasm so easy to spot even a...........(speaking of, does anyone else break dance when the money-staring Geico commercials come on? ...Just me? K, same response I got when I asked everyone on my aim list.)
Back to the piece though, this has to be the worst possible guy you can choose to commentate for a documentary - the guy has nothing but trite statements and cliches come out his mouth. Ever watch Kobe during an interview and you could almost see him preparing his lines before hand. I'm not even going to blame Spike Lee, because apparently Kobe bribed him into taking "creative" control of the project unless he wouldn't do it - and my friends, creative it definitely wasn't. Hey what do you know, guess he is just selfish off the court as well.

Game 7s.

Now lets talk about Kobe (and his Lakers) GETTIN' WORKED!!! by a totally undermanned Rockets team. This would be the biggest upset in recent history probably right up there with the Nuggets over Seattle, and the Warriors over the Mavs if the Rockets can pull off a miracle in a couple hours. I really do wish they could though, and here's why - this Lakers team has lacked intensity and unity all throughout the playoffs, and a gritty game 7 win over the Rockets could change all that. As much as I hate to say it, no team can beat the Lakers if they play with those two components - it would be like awakening the sleeping giant. I really don't expect LA to lose though, but then again I said the same for Game 4 and 6... As for the other series in Beantown, logic says the Celtics win. But I think their Game 7 luck has run out, and here's why - of the 3 game 7s they've played in the past 2 post-seasons, this is the first time they are the inferior team. Orlando knows this and if they play like it tonight, assistant coach Patrick Ewing would get a few more headlines - and maybe a head coaching job finally?!?!?.....nope? yeah didn't think so neither.

Stay thirsty my friends.

4 comments:

  1. lmao @ geico commercial

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, wassup with the Kobe hate?...i mean he's arrogant but that man is great

    ReplyDelete
  3. here's the original song off the geico ads...i find em funny too, but my break dancing days are done - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD21JDMp86c&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! That kobe documentary was HORRIBLE! I don't like him as it is, but I wanted to give it a chance.. LAME!!!

    ReplyDelete